Sunday, August 06, 2023

The Monkey and The Ice cream truck!

Hello crafty friends! 

Today I have decided to make a card with a friendly monkey looking for a yummy treat. 

The story behind the idea:

The giant ice cream cone on top of the truck grabbed his attention as the truck was leaving the zoo  to go to a birthday party. The monkey wanted a treat so the monkey escaped the zoo and followed the truck to the party not knowing that the ice cream cone on top of the truck was not real. 

The making of the card:

The card is interactive (see video below) because I wanted to have the monkey moving while the truck was in motion. As the truck moves the monkey is attempting to catch the ice cream cone so he can eat it. The monkey is attached with a brad so that it can easily move with your fingers. The card has some dimension so that it pops of the card for a realistic look. I used different mediums to make this card. I used colored pencils, hand drawing and die-cutting.

 









I would say that this card is one of my favorites. 

Challenges I am in:


💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

 

4 comments:

  1. What a fun interactive card for our ice cream challenge! It's so cute! Love all of the creativity you used and great coloring, too! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such fun. Thanks for joining my theme at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete